Thursday 16 February 2012

Stop the Cupidity


An eventful jaunt over to Sheffield occured last thursday whilst on the way to teach Balboa,  as I noticed a small, but nonetheless definite puff of clear smoke emanating from under the bonnet of my trusty Rover 214. Given that this was  the night of the severe weather warnings & I was about to head onto the Snake Pass alone, at dusk, I felt it prudent to summon a roadside assistance representative. I WAS very pleased to see him by the time he turned up 1 hour 10 mins later, whilst the rain poured, the sun departed and the temp dropped... and dropped...
Once Green Flag's Mr G Sharp (I kid you not) had arrived, he did his job superbly, & even collected me from the McDonald's down the road where I had fled (still in the freezing rain) for a well overdue pitstop. My host in Sheffield was also most understanding & a Balboa-related disaster was, you'll be pleased to know, averted.













This week I focus on messages - over and above what we ourselves type, what messages are we set to receive? What (literal & metaphorical) messages are we putting out there all the time, and how conscious of them are we?

Depth charged fun delivering a Blues workshop for bluesFusion in Edinburgh. Not one to disappoint the fans I sang a couple of songs and on Facebook the next morning they declared: "You have an amazing voice, beautiful  tunes on Sunday, thank you, xXx" This is the kind of message I travel, at varying levels of comfort and & get to bed/get up at 4am where necessary for!
A late night commute back to Glasgow, abundant with banter, snacks & a 2 am round up after a fine vintage. That'll do. A lovely vibe & my guest spot was fun - a mind-expanding intermediate class rounded off the night:  "Great class, very useful tips that made a real difference to the look and feel of the dance - thanks Velody, catch up with you again soon!"
Sarah, Glasgow Lindy Hoppers.

4 Valentine's in the inbox & I felt quite loved up the next morning. Mind you, I choose to feel that way! Not least because I place a high value on connection & embracing the entire experience, whatever it be.

Again, the messages I work for continued this week as I shared a recent song for the new likes on my facebook page (I'm entrusting the universe to achieve 500+ likes for my birthday!)

"nice song, it calmed me down" ... From what, he didn't expand but it spurs me to continue my lyric writing for tunes I'll be debuting in Aberdeen for Livin' the Blues. Who knows what we all go through between our connections? I do know this, I choose to boldly go...


No comments:

Post a Comment